22/01/2013

Yang Yoseob - Caffeine MV






  Yang Yoseob, member of popular idol group Beast/B2ST. Made his solo debut last year with title song "Caffeine", which is composed by his fellow member Young Junhyung. His solo debut was a great success as his perfect voice made the song even more perfect and the Music Video is pretty interesting, I have to admit that the shooting and the effects was really good. As the MV released back in 27 November 2012, it already gained almost 2,000,000 views on their official Youtube channel which is impressing! (Ofcourse! It's Yang Yoseob's solo debut song! :D)

Check out the MV by click the link below (If you haven't listened to it so much that you got tired of this song ofcourse! ^^ but who will? XD)


I personally really love this song and so I want to share this great song to all of you even you are not really a Kpop fan.



"Caffeine" MV Review

Story
As how I have understood this story-line in the song, it is about a man who are not able to forget his ex girlfriend that left him so instead he is drinking coffee all night in order to get over her.  As Yoseob described himself "A man's heart-breaking love story."


Concept
The concept and setting in the MV was really great! It begins with Yoseob drinking the hot coffee and I found the scene so beautiful, undescribeable. Even though it's his first time trying out acting, I can still feel the lonely feeling he was trying to express by his eyes and his gestures. 
The cloth suited him very great, one thing to point out that the white-black suit, I don't really like it or dislike it. Just it's like a new concept. But I love guys wearing suits that matches them perfectly. Love the manly feeling they are sending. >-< 


Shooting/Effects
I really loved the effect they created when he jumped on the the table with help of a wire, and when he bent down backwards. I was thinking, will there be any chance that he can do that in a live show or something without help. Until I tried it myself and realized that it was actually extremely hard and almost impossible to do that move. XD 


Acting
Because it's Yoseob's first time trying in acting, I will not criticize his acting skills that much. But as I watched the whole MV, I was crying slightly. It was touching, he expressed the feelings that should be expressed and I got into the mood. 

So conclusion: This song is just SO GREAT! A new type of Kpop song that I want more of. Yoseob have always been my favorite idol when comes to vocal, because his voice is unique and sweet yet so powerful.  


At last, here is a link to Behind The Scene - Making of Caffeine MV



"Caffeine" 
(Lyrics comming soon!)
Korean/Romanized


English Translation

No comments:

Post a Comment